I think most of you know I just celebrated a birthday last weekend. Well, on that day I was feeling very reflective about things I’ve learned in my ???? years on this earth. I realize that I truly do learn something new every single day. Something’s are big things and others are small, but they all matter. I sat down and started to make a list of some of my big things so I wouldn’t forget what was popping into my mind. I stopped at 15 because I had dinner plans (not because I was out of things to write). I was never planning on sharing these with anyone because I don’t think I have all (or any of the answers), but when I just pulled the list out of my purse I felt like putting it out into the world. So here it is – take what you like and leave the rest.
1) Trusting and believing in yourself is the best gift you can ever give yourself, because who knows you better than you.
2) Everyone has a place to go that fuels their soul and we should visit it often.
3) It’s never too late until it’s too late. Don’t waste opportunities to live, love and grow.
4) Hard work really does pay off. The payoff is just different for everyone.
5) Someone that is a true friend will ALWAYS be a true friend. Period.
6) The days always seem long but the years fly by. Carpe Diem!
7) It’s never too late to try something new.
8) We all have a “ping” inside of us. Follow it and it will lead you where you should be.
9) It really isn’t my business what other people think of me.
10) Put honesty, love and loyalty out into the world because it will come back to you if you do.
11) You don’t know what you don’t know and that’s okay. Nobody has all the answers and we need to be gentle with ourselves while we figure it out.
12) “Life’s a dance we learn as we go. Sometimes we lead and sometimes we follow.” (JMM)
13) Love at first sight is real and so are soul mates.
14) People who truly love you will accept you for who you are.
15) It’s never a good idea to wish for someone else’s life because when we do that it means we aren’t making the most of our own.
I’m sure I could come up with some more “pearls of wisdom” but I have a book to finish as you all know. Thanks for taking the time to read my possibly self-indulgent musings. I hope you all have a great day and learn something that matters to you and if you feel like sharing, I’d love to hear. Maybe I will learn something new 🙂